An Exciting 3-Day Event!
From March 9th-11th, Matt and his crew have planned an exciting line-up of activities at the Sand Hollow State Park in Utah. Whether you're looking for off-road thrills or just a chance to explore the area's beauty, there's something for everyone! Here is your guide for Matt's Off-Road Wrecker Games March 9th-11th:
What to Bring:
- Camping Chair - there are no seats at this event, so you must bring your chair.
- Your water - stay hydrated! No alcohol is allowed at this event.
- Good walking shoes - there will be much walking on uneven ground.
- A jacket - the forecast is in the '50s, so be prepared for cooler temperatures.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses - protect yourself from the sun.
- Medications you may need - don't forget to pack your emergency medications.
- Hand sanitizer - help keep yourself and others safe.
- Binoculars - you won't want to miss any of the action.
- Anything you'd like autographed - there will be a vendor show with great opportunities to get autographs.
- A good attitude - this is the event's first year, and there may be some hiccups, so be patient.
At the Event:
- Port-a-potties - there will be several port-a-potties available for use.
- 14 Food Trucks - come hungry!
- Drinks - stay hydrated!
- Live TV Streaming in the vendor area. For those of us who can't attend, we will have to wait until it’s released on YouTube.
- No Professional Recording - Matt's Off-Road Recovery Team has the only permit to film this event.
- Dune Flags - all off-road vehicles must have Matt's Off-Road Recovery Dune Flags attached to their car and at least 8 feet off the ground. These flags will be available for purchase at the event. Please remember to take your Utah Off-Highway Vehicle Course. Click here for the link.
- Stay 25 Feet Away - please remain 25 feet away from all participating trucks, their spotters, and crew during the events.
- Autographs and Meet & Greets - everyone will be available for autographs and meet-greets in the vendor area after the events.
Registration & Other Events: (registration will be open for all three days of the event)
- Wednesday, March 8th, 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm Event Registration. To fill out your pre-registration form, please click here. Location: 4400W & Sand Hollow Road. Registration will be drive-up.
- Thursday, March 9th, 10:00 am Opening Ceremonies at the Event Center 10:30 am Games begin at the beach 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Vendor show and meet & greet
- Friday, March 10th, 10:00 am Trail climb racing begins 4:00 - 8:00 pm Vendor show and meet & greet
- Saturday, March 11th, 10:00 am Triple 7 Trail Clean Up 12:00 pm Vendor show, meet & greet, and off-road rentals 6:00 pm Closing Ceremonies plus giveaways
Parking at the Event:
Unless you have a 4WD or AWD vehicle, it is suggested that you only park in the parking lot. Handicap parking will be available. Shuttle rides will be provided to all attendees.
Directions & Parking to Sand Hollow State Park:
- Registration: From SR 9 State Street in Hurricane, head South on Sand Hollow Rd. Roughly 1 mile down Sand Hollow Road, turn Right onto 4400 West. You'll see signs on the right for registration. Address: Sand Hollow Rd & S 4400 W, Hurricane, UT 84737
- Sand Hollow State Park Entry: From SR 9 State Street in Hurricane, head South on Sand Hollow Rd. Roughly 4 miles down the road, you'll turn Right at the Sand Hollow Main Gate Entrance. Proceed to the South end of the park. Address: 3351 Sand Hollow Rd, Hurricane, UT 84737
- Parking: On all three days, you can park inside Sand Hollow State Park.
- Off-Road Parking: From Sand Hollow State Park, head south on Sand Hollow Road. Turn Left onto SR-7. Take exit 3200 West and follow the signs for Off-Road Parking. NOTE: If you do not have an off-road vehicle, please park at Sand Hollow State Park and use the shuttle service.
- Regular Car Parking: You can park at the designated Parking section on Sand Hollow Road, just south of the SR-7 underpass, or in Sand Hollow State Park.
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to experience off-road thrills and explore the beauty of Sand Hollow State Park. Check out Matt's Off-Road Adventures for up-to-date information. Enjoy Matt's Off-Road Wrecker Games, please share pictures, videos, and experiences.
Get in the Game with BSF Recovery Gear!